Thanks everyone for the comments ... most appreciated ...
Well, I called our local STAPLES store - we do a fair amount of business there and they have been quite good - and spoke with one of the tech guys who told me that CANON has one of the best print qualities you can find, so with an on-line promo my wife got in an email I ordered a CANON and had them ship it to the store, saving me shipping costs ... the next day I am in the store for something else and mentioned to one of the techs I had dealt with previously about the CANON ... he said the print quality is excellent, BUT - as John mentioned above - they EAT ink ... the printer is for Lydia's business and we talked about how she would be using it and he suggested a BROTHER printer at the same price ... I just got back from STAPLES where I did an exchange on the CANON without even taking it out of the store and walked out with the BROTHER ... it was really easy ... I am just about to set it up ... as with most MOTL to TOTL 'printers' these days, it prints, scans, copies, faxes ...
Again, thanks for the input ...

BTW ... I use an 'older' (you know how I dislike the word 'OLD' grin ) EPSON R200 and tried using 3rd party cartridges which the printer did not like at all ... had all kinds of print issues, went back to the EPSON cartridges, no problem since ...