Actually, comparing a new model with an older model by using the exact same sounds as the old one has when better (at least newer!) sounds have been added is absurd!

You aren't going to sell a lot of T5's if all you play is T4 sounds and styles!

At least the comparisons were trumpet for trumpet, organ for organ... nobody tried to compare a tenor and a soprano (try to get outraged about things that have ACTUALLY happened, LOL).

I though this demo did a great job of demonstrating how the NEW sounds were better than the old sounds. There isn't really any POINT showing that the new one ALSO has most of the old sounds in it. We tend to assume that, for the most part. And those of us familiar with the old sounds don't really need to hear them on the NEW arranger...

I'd still like to hear more demos that focus on any new drum KITS in the T5... You all know my feelings about audio drums, but any new KITS can easily be added to existing legacy styles, and perhaps improve them a lot (they sure need it!).

All in all, the T5 is a great sounding arranger. Pricey, but great! And now they have stopped listening to existing Yamaha arranger users (who can never see the point in anything they haven't already got!) and have started to add things like the 76 keybed and, albeit crippled, audio loop features, they are starting to move towards some of the better features missing in the past.

But I still stand by my first post... If I had a T4, I'm not sure I'd try to sell and buy a T5. Mind you, the more I hear of that Ensemble feature, the less sure I am!