Alternating what voice is in Right 1 is agood workaround for OTS or registrations.

For Example...

OTS 1 : R1 Jazz Trumpet... Right 1 Part light on...other Right parts off.

OTS 2 : R2 Orch Flute... Right 2 part light on...other Right parts off.

OTS 3 : R1 JazzSax ...Right one part light on...other Right parts off.

OTS 4 R2 Live!Strings Right 2 part light on...other Right parts off.

You can change between OTS 1 and OTS 2 with no glitch, even though they are sustaining type sounds.

Same between OTS3 and OTS4....same goes for OTS 1 and OTS 4 or vice versa.

So, you can probably see the setup pattern...as long as the voice you are playing is not in the same voice part as the one you want to go to, it works pretty smoothly.

For layered voices there is also the option of using a combination of R1, R2 and R3 in the proper configuration.

Not what I call an elegant solution, and far from perfect either, but it works.

I use it especially when recording in Quick Record.

You can temporarily change OTS if you don't want to have to store the style...just press NO when it asks if you want to save each OTS change...it will be lost if a new style is selected, however. Bummer.

Hopefully Yamaha will get it right on the next bunch...the other companies, Roland and Korg, have had it for some time now.

Strange, because the smooth voice switching was on my older Yamaha arrangers, the PSR-2700, for example. For some reason, they dropped it.

As DonM said above, it's mainly the switching of many simultaneous and different effects that causes the glitch, and it can still hiccup occasionally (depending on the number and kind of effects in use), even on Roland and Korg gear.

Ian