This is a similar question to Jo's post. I am in the process of putting together some demos that I would like to record to audio CD's. I am using Cakewalk Guitar Studio to record a mix of keyboard MIDI parts (using GM voices) and digital audio parts (vocals, guitars, drum samples).

As fellow users of Cakewalk know, it does not store a project in a unified .WAV or MP3 format but in a Cakewalk bundle file, which can only be played on other computers with Cakewalk. The bundle file merely contains the MIDI data along with instructions about the location from which to pull the archived digital data.

My question is, is there a way to record playback from the computer "live" to a CD Burner (and regular audio CD) so that both the digital and midi parts will be captured? If so, what software is required and which CD burners (if any) include this software as a package deal?

On a related note, would like to spend $300.00 or less on a burner. Speed is a not big deal provided the audio fidelity on playback is good.

Any suggestions? Thanks.