Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Having listened to all the demos posted on this and other sites of various brands of arranger keyboards and synths, plus playing a pretty good number of the latest arrangers keyboards first hand, I've always felt the definition of a "LIVE" sounding keyboard was one that was one where the sounds were harsher and unpolished, somewhat louder within the styles themselves, and sharper sounding, often to the point of being a bit distorted. Now, I have yet to hear the 900 in person, but I have listened to a lot of demos. Personally, I don't hear enough difference between all of the MOTL and TOTL arrangers to sway me one way or another, and if I'm not impressed, I know my audiences will not be impressed.

From the standpoint of a full-time musician/singer/entertainer the question that begs to be answered is "Will I sound any better to my audiences?" For me, the obvious answer is NO! At least not enough to make a significant difference and justify the financial outlay involved. But, maybe I'm just a lot easier to please when it comes to these situations. I would much rather put that money into my retirement account, which my loving wife of more than a half century will eventually withdraw and leisurely piss away on jewelry or some other crazy things. I guess that's why every time I go out and test drive another keyboard she always says "What's wrong with the ones you have?" Of course, I try to evade the question, but she is absolutely right.

Cheers,

Gary cool

You will not hear much difference between a brands motl and totl arrangers..

However in the PA900 vs PA3x comparrison its obvious that the d/a converters of the pa900 or of lower quallity making everything sound just a tad less dynamic.

The biggest difference however between motl and totl mostly comes from the pro feautures in the top model, like in Korgs example... Ballanced XLR outputs, a sampler, better keybed, sliders, better harmoniser, and stuff like that... But the siund engine and the style engine are both exactly the same.... Oh and keep in mind that the price difference between a PA900 for 1800 euro and a pA3x for 2600 euro is much more in proportions compared to the excesive price of the Tyros5 for 4000 euro vs the Psr s950 for 1900 euro..

http://keyszone.boards.net