I read that the next upgrade for 001 will include groove quantizing and an event list editor and 'potentially' notation editing (from the Digidesign videoclip).

It looks like the Digi001 is the GO for me- but I have a few more questions-

a). I'd be using a Mac- I want to master CD's for clients and potentially to send off for duplication. Will Toast surfice for my needs or should I upgrade to Toast Pro/Deluxe, Jam or Masterlist CD. I've heard that Jam and Masterlist are really the 'be all and end all' for hi-end audio CD burning but I mighten require all the more advanced features at present. Also I've heard that Masterlist is very expensive for what it offers. How do these programs compare and would I be advised to get something like Spark or Peak (2 track editors) for mastering and setting up playlists etc.

The guys in the shop said that the 001 could be pretty much all I need for mastering also and I should give it a try on it's own before seeing if I actually need a dedicated 2 track editor.

Also, I'm looking at getting Emagic's Soundiver or Motu's Unisyn. Which of these would be better and will they work in tandem with the 001 (ie- using OMS).

If I'm not happy with the 001's midi features in the long run, I'll bite the bullet and get Logic later- it's just a matter of budget at the moment because the simple 001/G4 set up will set me back around $8,000.00 Aussie I think! Wheew.

Thanks in advance for any more responses!