Originally Posted By: Dreamer
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Donny,
agreed that an image (or a video or a link, whatever) is better than a thousand words, but I would like to know something more.
This Mixcraft suite seems too good to be true: only 149.95 USD for the Pro Studio version, and it has more than 6500 loops!
You know that I am a sucker for loops, but do you (or anyone else) have any direct experience of the program? How is the quality of the loops?
Thanks for the link anyway.

I use Mixcraft-6 (Standard Edition). I've gone through so many of the included loops in MC6. Holy cow! there are some really good loops in there. You could make countless (nearly complete) songs from just using the loops alone. There are tons of different styles of music to choose from with a very good selection of loops for each genre.

MC also comes with a very nice set of VST's out of the box. Their Acoustica Instruments are pretty good (not the best but certainly well above a typical GM sound set). There are some Virtual Analogue VST's in there too (plus a nice organ drawbar VST).

MC is basically the Windows version of GarageBand, but with WAY more content, better UI, and has a more polished look as well. Even the basic Mixcraft Home Studio Edition that sells for a mere $50 is a great bargain. I started with the Home Studio Edition and eventually just upgraded to the Standard Edition. Thinking of upgrading to the Pro Edition here real soon.

They have a free demo! Download it and give it a whirl. The program is also CPU friendly (which is a very welcomed feature to any DAW application).
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.