I like tweaking too...but it's mainly in styles...to me they are the "soul" of an arranger keyboard, and a big part of my overall sound. Also, I don't use them to color my songs; I create songs by using styles...they are a crucial part of what I do. I've never considered styles a crutch...they are part of the art.

I'm quite happy with my Tyros4's "natural" sounds like pianos, guitars, organs, strings, brass and other orchestral instruments. If there's any tweaking, it's usually just filter settings, or maybe changing an attack, release etc. The many on-board synth sounds are based on the Motif, so they work very well, and are occasionally tweaked in those same areas as the natural sounds. I had years of major tweaking with my old Roland Jupiter 8 and Yamaha DX-7 (both sold) and I may get back into again with a Casio PX-5S in the new year, but now I'm more into arranging and recording the tunes I never got around to doing whilst working.

Still have my favorite and only microphone...a very old (well over 30 yrs) but still in mint condition Electro-Voice RE-15. Works a treat for my vocal purposes (nice warm "vintage" sound), which also includes Vocoding. The RE-15 is also great for mic'ing instruments, like acoustic guitar. It's meant to be used on a stand, and shouldn't be employed as a "hand held" mic, as using this way tend to cover the comb-filter holes. This screws up the sound and the polar pattern.

With so much to do regarding style editing, practicing, playing, arranging, re-arranging, recording, the many jaunts to SZ and other forums throughout the day...well, let's just say the word "boredom" is not in my vocabulary.

Ian