Originally Posted By: DannyUK
I don't think the T5 sounds overly better, I definitely think it sounds different. If it was far superior than a T4 i'd be owning one now. Just my opinion too.

I have to agree with you, Danny. The Tyros5 does sound very good, but the Tyros4 also had a great sound.

Many new features on the Tyros5 wouldn't be used enough by me to warrant a purchase, and I would have only considered a Tyros5 if I was hankering for 76 keys.

I have never wanted (or needed) 76 on an arranger, and if I intend to play as a solo piano, I only want 88 weighted action keys, so a controller or digital piano would be what i would get. I was using a Yamaha P-95, and I'm considering Casio's PX-5S, but since retiring I spend all my time using the Tyros4 in arranger/style play mode, so even the Casio buy is not confirmed.

I find, from listening to on-line demos, that the Tyros4 is a bit mellower (which I like) than the Tyros5, yet the former still has lots of smooth detail (again, which I like), and Yamaha's overall rich even-textured sound has always kept me firmly in their camp, from way back. It suits the style I play to a "T"...a T4 in this case. wink

I think the people coming from a Tyros2 or Tyros3 to a Tyros5 will be the ones most impressed.

Ian