Frank I know after working in the music game years ago, Yamaha is split into two main cats regarding keyboards. And the section that say release the synths obviously have a great hold over the domestic keyboard design and release of them. Lets face it they never liked arrangers, and always thought that they were beneath them. I mean why would you release a monster 76, And didn't most of us want black and slimline, I almost rest my case on those points alone. it's overpriced and way too big. I suggest that if a motif was released like this, it would be a laughing stock, and there lies the problem/ Until either the two departments are combined as one or the keyboards are are allowed to do the right thing and release a Tyros that is the envy of the whole musical world, well we are doomed to get the small baby steps we have so far,
Don't get me wrong I have owned all Tyros models since the first Tyros, and sold my T4 to get an Audya, which even now still beats Tyros5 in some sounds feel and features. I guess as long as a percentage of folks are happy to part with extraordinary dollars to buy the T5 not much is going to change. And that's a pity because Yamaha could have done an unbelievable amazing job of the T5, and I think I will wait till T6 before I purchase, maybe then things might change