I wanted to start a new thread instead of hogging the Tyros5 thread...

Drum kits have been improving with each new model..I have noticed this with Roland for sure...

When I got the G70 the drums were better than the G1000 (I did like the G1000 drums)...mostly the editing feature on the G70 made the G1000 obsolete..

The E80 added a few more drum kits that I wished were on the G70...but overall, the G70 was better all around..(sold my E80 to DonM) smile

The BK series took another forward step with new drum kits..It made the BK5 a standout for me...again wishing I had the kits on my G70 grin

When I started to use the "Studio" expansion card...several new sounds diminished my wish list from the BK series..including some of my favorite "Studio Drum Kits"...and some great basses..

I am sure the other brands are getting better too...maybe not to the degree I feel Roland has.. wink

I always like drums and bass on Ketron 's lineup...I never liked the "old" OS on Ketron..

I found Korg 's drums to be okay, not in Roland and Ketron level.. smile

I found Yamaha's PSR and Tyros drums to be the poorest..(the PSR2100 I couldn't wait to find a new home) grin

They just did not sound real or live..The Tyros (early models) were the same...The Tyros 3(short lived here)..was a disappoitment in the drums...

The Tyros 4 seemed a bit better, a few new kits....still not up to the front runners..

I think if the Tyros 5 has enough audio drum kits and some editing capabilities...they can turn some heads and be competitive..We shall see..

We did that drum kit shoot out a while ago...that showed a sub $1,000 Roland going head to head with the $3,000- $5,000 Korg and Yamaha..even the Ketron MIDI drums didn't touch the BK..

As I said in the begining they are all getting better...but since most of my hard to hear friends don't think drums make a big difference...it is all in vain.. grin