Exactly the point I made, Ian. And sorry... if you consider ANYTHING remotely critical of Yamaha as too negative, perhaps you need to remember where you are! This isn't PSR country..!

You can spend your life with your head in the sand, or you can make an effort to recognize that you TOO are not the ultimate arbiter of what is good or bad, right or wrong. If it upsets you to see alternative viewpoints, and the negativity of that remember, I am in EXACTLY the same position of painting everything you say as negative too... simply because I don't agree with it. But you don't see me stoop to that. Can you bring yourself finally to being able to argue something on its merits, or do you still need to bring in personal commentary to bolster it?

Remember, I brought up the point that the vast majority of negative opinion of Yamaha's concerned their washed out drums, this isn't me being negative, this is EVERY non-Yamaha user being negative. You can choose to recognize this, or you can retreat to some fantasy world where only MY negative opinion of ONE aspect of Yamaha's sound matters, and dismiss it as a lone voice.

Your choice, Ian.

In the meantime, I offer as a positive the possibility that Yamaha could easily address this widely perceived shortcoming with a few drum Expansions... And that's more than YOU are offering. TBH, there's only one 'negative' poster on this thread.

Someone that is so blindly partisan that they can't even 'wade' through a widely held opinion of Yamaha's, to the part that actually offers a solution.