Originally Posted By: Dnj
What we all did in the past, who we played with years ago is just a memory now, hopefully good ones, I myself certainly had my share of performing with many very good artists years ago on stage also, ......people care about what is happening today.

I look at it simply this way, Donny...playing with a so called "big name" is not always an indication of how good a player we are, and, for most the most part, it is just a very memorable (and maybe humbling) experience.

I had a friend who always bragged he played with a certain big name guitar player, but it just turned out they were lucky enough the guy was recording in the next studio and was kind enough to play on one of their tunes.

Certainly memorable for him (and his band at the time), but hardly anything one would put at the top of their résumé. rolleyes

Buddy Rich's talent was prodigious enough to overcome his well known faults...most of the time.

I still wish I could have seen him live, which would've been far more likely than ever being on the same stage with him. wink

Ian