Haven't changed my opinion in the slightest. Would happily pay more for a BK-9 with the G70 action. But let's face it, as different as the BK-9 action is, it STILL is absolutely superior to the PSR's (at a very similar pricepoint). In fact, I think you would like it immensely, Ian. It is quite DX-7-like.

TBH, if the DX-7 is your gold standard, how you were able to tolerate something so utterly different and inferior by a wide margin all those years is beyond me. Look, we all play what we HAVE to play. But, as far as I am concerned, just because I HAVE to play something (it's not like I am turning down the opportunity to play an arranger with a better action because of cost considerations or brand loyalty), if it has quality issues, I'll say it. I don't care whether I'm a critic of my OWN arranger or anyone else's. If something stinks, I'll say it loud and clear.

I don't 'defend' my choice for years and then change my opinion after I've got something else. Heck, who knows... I might end up on a PSR one day. But one thing you'll NEVER hear me say even if I have one is that the action is good. It stinks, it has always stunk, and you know it now (or are willing to admit that there IS something better, which you wouldn't do back in your PSR days. despite being intimately familiar with actions you liked better).

I've got no choice with the BK-9. Unlike the Yamaha's, Roland don't currently make an arranger with a better action than the BK-9. It's a really good action. But it isn't as good as the G70's.

There... I said it!

If only all of us were able to sit back and call a spade a spade. Maybe out manufacturers would take us seriously, and DO SOMETHING about how bad the PSR's actions are. But while owners won't dare speak up about it until they finally get on something else, in some kind of misguided 'loyalty' attitude, what are the odds..? It's not like Yamaha couldn't afford to replace the PSR action with something better. They do on the MUCH less expensive WS's. Maybe all this silence has simply made them feel like it IS a good action?

Nah... it just makes them realize what suckers arranger owners can be about model loyalty! So why change..? That has GOT to be a MUCH cheaper action. More bucks for Yamaha, bad actions for their arranger owners. That makes good sense, doesn't it? rolleyes