Somewhere about 1966. A place called Rac's Hut on Rt. 9 in Lakewood NJ. A Red Neck bar in the sticks. Our band "The Dynamics" got driven there, about an hour away from home, by two of our members fathers. Got the gig because it was owned by the uncle of our Rhythm guitarist. Played my Red Farfisa Compact. They put us in a side dining room because we were all too young to play in the bar. Gave us Pizza and I thought what a great job. At the end one of the fathers went to get our pay and was told "This was an audition" About a month later our Rhythm Guitarist showed up at practice and gave us $5 each and said his uncle had decided to pay us. I believe his family was embarrassed and they paid us.
This was my first band and we did pretty well, even got on a remote TV show from Newark NJ called Zacherley's 'Disc-o-Teen' He was the cool ghoul ! http://www.zacherley.com/disco.htm
Many gigs and bands later here I am wondering what to do next.

Edited by Bill Lewis (08/14/13 05:56 AM)