Today I was all set to buy a Casio Privia PX-350. This piano keyboard with some styles has received some very good reviews in the trade publications. (Keyboard)street price is $800.

Before I go any further-I just wanted to say that you can not always trust reviews. I know that; but they can point you in directs-may be not the direction you want to go.

anyway-I was not terribly impressed by the pianos, the styles were cheesy, and the action was OK.

I came away really disillusioned by keyboards in general that retail around $1000. Why? Because the pianos on said boards never sound good to my ears.

One of the reviews of the Casio PX-350 said it was the best souunding piano sounds in a keyboard under $2000. Then I think sun came out over Marblehead(My original hometown). I think keyboars which is about my budget range sound crappy because they are crappy. Any truth to that?

This may not mean anything to anyone but I have good ears. I use Totem speakers; if you have ever heard them, you'd know I have good ears. That is beside the point-I know. I'm just trying to give you a little of my resume.
I am not trashing Casio; I think their products are very greatly improved & nobody beats them in the quality of their inexpensive watches.

I think the only keyboard I would dare buy now is a used Nord or Kurzweil. Would that get me on the right track??? I know these are not arranger keyboards but there is a ton of experience on this forum & I would be very interested in your comments.
I guess I should tell you-I judge keyboars by mostly piano sounds as they are my favorite sounds, then organs.