Interesting developments these days or so it seems.....
Yamaha PSR950/750, Roland BK9 and the new Korg PA900, all virtually in the same price bracket.
Having owned the PA800 for a couple of years now and prior to that the PA500 and PA80 I do not find a direct urge to jump on the bandwagon and get the PA900. It sounds great like most stuff these days but as with the new PA3X requires a tremendous amount of tweaking and what's more you can hardly fall back on all my previous hard labour of programming and tweaking as practice has shown most of my resources for the other PA arrangers do not fit in well with the latest Korg range.Added to that as someone noticed here on the form there are no really novelties, it is basically a scaled down PA3X with less trimmings and options,but with built in speakers. And yes of course sonically here and there an upgrade compared to the PA2x/ PA800.
With currently in my possession the Korg PA800, Yammie PSR750 and Roland G70 I think it is unlikely I will get any of the latest boards.And it is far from me to pass judgement other than saying that all of these new motl arranger keyboards are a terrific buy. Seeing that they are all priced the same I predict that commercially speaking Roland is, once more, going to be the loser here. However have you realised that for the price of ONE Yamaha Tyros 4 with speakers etc. or ONE PA3X with 76 keys and speakerbar you can now actually buy TWO of the newest keyboards ? And better still, If you go for the BK9 and would be satisfied with a brand new PSR750 ( not all that much inferior to the PSR950) and and a brand new Korg PA600 (with lots of goodies of the PA900) you could actually get THREE of the new boards for the price of one tyros or pa3x!! Just something to think about really...............

regards,
John