I think we really need to see the inclusion of an arpeggiator in an affordable arranger before they become popular enough to get widespread in modern music stores.

Let's face it, we are a tiny fraction of stage and WS sales, and our arrangers are usually primarily set up to emphasize musics that no self-respecting kid (up to age 30, I'd say! LOL) is going to want to play! There has been a huge shift in music since our day, but our arrangers don't reflect it much. Everything else out there (including VERY inexpensive keyboards) includes an arpeggiator of some kind or another. Other than the Audya (outside most people's budget, and almost impossible to see in a store), no arranger includes an arpeggiator.

TBH, the BK-9, if an arpeggiator was tacked on, has most of the features that youngsters enjoy... audio loop playback, plenty of sliders to mess with the sound while it plays, etc..

But that arpeggiator is a must.

Deane, you might also consider that the BK-9 may be shipping out as fast as they get them in, in the initial rush to buy them, and also, how many OTHER $2500 arrangers are easily seen in the same area? Round my small market, there are no S950's, PA800's or BK-9's, let alone TOTL arrangers!

But I still feel our keyboard of choice is doomed to an ever dwindling market segment unless something modern gets grafted on. The arranger has much to offer modern players, but some features are needed, and a large portion of the NH type styles need dropping. How are you going to sell an arranger to a youngster if it is stuffed with ballroom dancing, bossa and samba styles? Even for us, the CONTENT is what sells us the arranger. Most of us happily give up on far more capable arrangers when there is less content or it doesn't suit our tastes.

Imagine you were a kid, would you touch an arranger with a barge-pole?