Not a big time poster around here, but I've been following the threads about the Roland BK9. I've seen a few posts about sounds and/or styles. So I thought I would throw my 2.5 cents before taxes into this mix.

I play a VA5, started out with the RA800 which I used at church. I now have a drummer and bass guitarist so no need for an arranger keyboard in that setting, but the VA5 is used at home. With all the sounds on the VA5 and the other keyboards that I have owned over the years I typically find myself using a handful of sounds UNLESS I am really expermenting and doing a lot of computer based sequencing or recording. But for live performace it is usually one piano sound and maybe a dozen other lead sounds. As for teh styles? I prefer to have quite a few as my disposal. Most I probably will never use, but it's nice to go back and find one that I can freshen up with the sound set from the arranger.

One more comment on the sounds.....I have a Roland XP30 that I recently took out 2 expansion sound boards and another one that was on the shelf and sold them because I realized that I was never going to use them. The XP30 by itself has enough sounds for me.

Great forum, been lurking around for a lonnnngggg time. Lost of good information around here. So a big thanks to the mods that run this thing.

Joe