The GM/GS/XG Drum mapping is still the most relevant for an arranger, because it still designed for home players with the old Bossa Nova’s, Foxtrots, Band etc. they do not have any styles (Or very few) that use or need any of the later and juicer sounds.

Velocity switching is also reducing as a problem, as more and more arrangers include multi-velocity drum kits as standard, thus making conversion less fraught. (It becomes relatively easy to alter the velocity to suit)

Mega Voices cause a problem because they are programmed to change with different velocity’s and additional notes, thus cannot be played by standard arrangers as they don’t have any voices that match, (Wersi had to design and program its own equivalent of the Mega Voices as it was the only way to allow native Yamaha Style support without conversion) they are also a disadvantage for Yamaha users as in most cases you cannot change the voice to something else that doesn’t exactly match with the voice you are changing. (Personally I think Mega Voices were the worst thing ever introduced on an arranger as they are almost as limited as audio files)

Korgs Guitar mode is an addition to, and can be added to any voice (According to how I read the manual) so the standard voice part can be converted more easily.

Most modern arrangers also have multiple ways to control a voice, so you can usually find one that is similar to the one used in other manufactures look up tables.

The question for me is why play along to fancy styles (Read boring and repetitive) when you can play the style (Your Style) yourself? (No musical greats followed others ways of doing things)

Bill