Originally Posted By: cassp
I have a set on my 42" TV and they work well, but I wouldn't recommend them for your Tyros. Have you seen the Kustom/Powerwerks PA50? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/kustom-pw50-personal-pa-system I used a pair of them for my s910 and thought they were decent. I regularly use a Bose Compact or a Roland BA-330.

It depends what you're using it for. I could see using the Powerwerks PA50 with a T2 as a personal monitor at a gig, but not at home.

For home, I'd want as much high fidelity as I could afford.

I have the Logitech Z-2300 speakers, and I use them at home with my new Casio PX-350 digital piano. I have the satellites facing me diagonally and the subwoofer next to the piano. For this use, the sound quality is exceptional. I keep the bass turned down pretty low, and I still get a very thunderous lower register.

I see that the new Logitechs get very nice reviews. If I were you, I would buy the new model. They're probably just as good as the old one. You can always find some self-identified audiophile who says one is better than the other. Used Z-2300s are available on the internet.

For gigs, I would not use this unit because there are too many parts to set up, and the build quality of the satellites is cheap. The volume output is only adequate for a living room atmosphere, not much more.

Edited by Beakybird (04/06/13 09:22 AM)