Originally Posted By: sparky589
It is always a pain to have a peripheral piece of equipment. I like the digitech VL3D. The advantage is if you change keyboards, you still retain the same vocalizer you're familiar with. For me, I would choose a Yamaha prs750 and use the outboard vocalizer. Together they are less expensive than the 950, and you're not stuck with one (vocalizer) you don't like. Also, if you play more than one instrument during a performance ,the vocal effects are available for both.

Sparky,
The hassle of the extra piece of equipment is what got me excited about the 950. I had rented a Korg PA 800 ( Have had a PA 80 for years!) and loved the freedom of the on board processor. However, I get better sound from Digitech than i do from Helicon and didn't want to spend $3000 on something that didn't completely satisfy my vocal expectations. After hearing how poor VH2 was I started listening very carefully to the CD I had made while I was in possesion of the Korg PA 800. The sound is pretty good but still $3000 for the Korg wasn't going to happen especially since the Yamaha guitars were so good.

On Monday I went back to the store to see if tweaking VH2 would give me an acceptable result. The 950 had been sold on Saturday. So I got the adapter cable off the wall (stereo mini) and hooked up to the PSR S750 which I had been leaning towards. Well I brought it home with me. So I guess I will sit down with my Vocalist and set up my preferred harmonies in all the keys I sing in and life will be good. So sparky thanks for commenting because I've decided to do exactly what you have suggested.
God Bless,
Don