I will like to share my opinion about the Audya and OS release 4.1B. Still I have very limited knowledge about the OS and have no used all the functions, no I understand in some case the use some of them.

1- Upgrade from the PEN drive went smooth.

2- All function working as expected. No issues with left voices that I know so far. The HD some times is noise. Trying to make a backup just in case.

3- The sounds are good, no as good as in other arrangers like the Korg PA2x/PA800 or the Tyros 3. Sounds are better when you play it in PROGRAM mode. So far the worst for for me are the trumpet ones.

4- STYLES are great !!. Best of any arrangers. One of the best features of the Audya is that the styles can be used to play different types of music; they tend to be use in a more generic way than others KBs.

5- MIDI, MP3 and WAV players are very good. Lyrics display is mediocre at least. They can do better; like better fonts, colors and backgrounds.

6- I wish that the Audya have implemented what in Korg KBs are called PADS (Tyros have it implemented too). I miss those a lot.

7- The Audya is very easy to use. Another great feature. Registration, Style View, etc, are great.

8- Another great feature is the way that we are able to take a "regular" style (no audio Drums or Live guitars) and modify it with Groove, Audio Drums and Live Guitars , tested and saved as a different one. I have been able to create some beautiful ones (at least for my taste).

9- Ketron have a great product in the Audya, but they need to improve support. My feeling is that Yamaha and Korg are working to close the gap. I don't think that they will use Audio parts on their next releases, but the rumor mill is about High Definition MIDI. We will see.

10- Ketron should enlist a company like MIDISPOT to help in creating song related styles and new styles. It will help in a big way to the spread the use of the Audya.

11- The LATIN styles some are good, but some others (the majority) are bad. A lot of people report that this is one of the strong points of Ketron, but I least the Audya styles for cumbia, merengue, salsa, etc, are no very good ones.

12- No question that the Audya have operational (OS) and hardware issues, but I think that affect a minority of owners. A LOT of negative reports are due to a lack of knowlege (in part because the Users Manual is a no very helpful) and users errors.

Finally, I wish to express my thanks to AJ, TonyH, Tonewheeldude, necdetdoni and DonM for providing help and tips when needed.

[This message has been edited by Machetero (edited 08-24-2010).]