We've had rock drum Roland examples that were very well received here and favorably compared to the Audya (when it first came out). If you want me to, I'll put up style equivalents to anything drum only you want to post done with the Audya.

I admit, especially on the percussion end of things, the Audya is going to have an edge. But basic kit, and I'm not so sure. I don't know if you have auditioned a BK-7m, but the kits (especially the new ones post-G70) are some of the best I have ever heard in an arranger, and capable (if the style is programmed well to use them) of quite close to audio kit feel.

Happy to post something, if you have something to directly compare it to. Drums ONLY, please.

Of course, you are going to come out ahead. But, as I posted, not sufficiently that all the other shortcomings make it a total victory. Personally, given the choice between an audio style I can do nothing to, and a pretty close MIDI style that I can do ANYTHING to, I'll take that MIDI kit any day.

And, once again, have you listened to any BFD2 or EZDrummer demos, lately? That's the future, and audio drum loops are not a part of it.