I practice/play at least 2 hours a day, more if I'm breaking in a new arranger for demo work.

It's supposed to flow well enough so that it looks easy, and also to show the instrument doesn't have to be intimidating.

I generally divide it up, with an hour in the morning, and another later in the day. There have been days when I've spent nearly the whole day on my keyboard.

I also spend quite a bit of time editing styles for my own use, as well as sharing them with a few of my friends who also have Tyros4.

A few times a month I play Hammond B-3, and the nights we don't have a bass player, I do pedal bass and/or left hand bass, so it helps me keep my skills up in that area. I also play an 88-note digital piano with the same group, and on nights where it's just going to be me and a guitar player and perhaps a saxophonist, I take my Tyros4 to provide a nice full rhythm section.

I have decided to take a break from live gig playing (except for arranger demos) and may or may not return to it sometime in the future, but, whatever the case may be, playing music still occupies a major part of my life.

Ian