Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
there's not many people around now that want to sit and listen to Hammond sounds, most are dead, twas an acquired taste anyway not for everyone and bit like the Beatles, I couldn't stand them, jazz played on a Hammond either, no sense to it.... rotf2

Don't know too many MUSICIANS that would make that kind of statement, Tony, especially the "no sense to it" part. I'm not a big fan of Country music, but I'm not prepared to write it off. Although not my favorite genre', there are just too many individual Country songs and artists that I DO like (Willie Nelson is my favorite, he's like the Snoop Dog of Country music....but with a good heart).

Personally, I think there are probably nearly as many fans of (Hammond) organ jazz as there are of classical or theatre organ (maybe not in Europe). I don't think there are many people that like both. I think the Hammond was invented partly as an affordable replacement for the hugely expensive pipe organs of the time. Failed miserably at it but found a new niche as a popular instrument in popular music. Never looked back and it's unique sound has endured and prospered to this day. "no sense to it" or just no sense to it TO YOU.

From now on, if you want to pick on something, Tony, pick on.......the Accordion (just kidding, TonyMad, just kidding smile smile smile ).

chas