Personally, I do not think one can compare yesterday's athletes and their accomplishments with today's athletes and their accomplishments in any sport ... the rules, tools, and player's sizes and shapes are ALL different ... that is why I do not like lists that propose to name the "BEST EVER" ...
If someone wants to compare accomplishments in a certain 10 maybe even 15 year span that might be OK, but to go beyond that ? ... I think there are too many variables ...

And even individual records are subject to deep scrutiny... Eli Manning through a 2 yard pass that Victor Cruz ran 98 yards with and Eli gets credit for a 98 yard completion ... Tom Brady has LIVED with the 5 - 8 yard pass that his receivers run another 10 yards with ... for every pass completion a QB gets credit for there has to be a receiver on the other end - often making near impossible catches - ... a running back has a hole opened for him and runs for 20 yards or more ... if he didn't have an offensive line open that hole to get him at least those those first couple of yards, where would he be ? ... so even INDIVIDUAL stats aren't "INDIVIDUAL" ...

To paraphrase: "Be happy with who you have playing for your team" grin ... unless of course, your team stinks ... rotfl