After first having experimented at large I can now safely say that the acquisition of a Behringer BCF2000 Midi Controller is an absolute must for anyone with an arranger keyboard with the possible exception of those owing a Tyros or PA3X.

I just finished experimenting on my Yamaha PSR-S750 and already did some on my PA800. The results are absolutely stunning. The subject was first broached here on SZ by Colin, who introduced the (discontinued) Kenton Midi controller with 16 slides which he uses with his PA600.
Unfortunately and for reasons beyond my comprehension Colin did not reply to any of my mails or even request here on the forum to help me out...

Nevertheless what is so spectacular about this Behringer ?
For those owing a Yamaha PSR model, including the latest, you can now access ALL volumes directly even while playing thru the 8 sliders ( big ones !) and the 8 rotary knobs.
The sliders are even motorised which means that if you choose a new registration that you have already made the sliders automatically zoom to those positions , GREAT !!!
And that is not all. You can save these settings on the Behringer as PRESET number one. Then I continued doing the same under preset number two with feeding all the REVERB values of the seperate voices. Again save them and behold:
while playing you simply adjust the reverb of each part.
I have assigned the RHY1 to Phrase 2 ( so all 8 acc. tracks) to the sliders, and the upper voices and lower to the rotary knobs. And it works like magic. Incidentally, there is a LEARNING function on the Behringer which makes programming all that I said dead easy.

With the Korg PA800 the same results. Absolutely amazing and in particular for those on stage with e.g. a Yamaha PSR-S950,or other PSR, a KORG PA500/600 and even for the Korg Micro Arranger this baby does the trick.

it seems to me like a superb addition. They retail round the 200 dollar mark but you find lots of them on EBAY etc.

Truly recommended and worth checking out !!!!!!

regards
JOhn

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BCF2000