I LOVE to play this stuff. While I think I've heard a little about Jerry the bass player being sort of a "Stanley Clarke type of player, I haven't heard or met ANY of these guys.But, my major jazz/funk contacts (like this) are about 10 years older than these guys, I think. Sadly, when these guys were coming along, I had probably already sold out and was playing 2nd fiddle to a ham sandwich in a restaurant, or sound scores for car manufacturers and glasses makers.

But that's not surprising. They're probably better than 95% of the performing musicians in the country. There's a group here in Lexington like this. I work with them once a month or so, for $75.00 and we're all happy to get it.

For most music, you have to be adequate. For jazz and this kind of jazz/funk, you've got to be at the top of the field just to get to work occasionally.

I'll bet that these guys don't make a lot...some may even have day gigs.

The guitar player played an L-5 on the second tune...my all-time favorite guitar.

Lots of respect to them for helping keep an art form alive and having a great time doing it.

Really enjoyed it....

Russ
PS: "Let's get it on" is on my program every night.

Edited by captain Russ (12/10/12 11:22 AM)