Yes, Virginia - the nano IS stereo ... with no add-ons. The speaker poles are sold separately though. If you hook it up directly to the base unit, it will be mono.

Wow - THREE pages of responses to a review I haven't even GIVEN yet! That's too funny. smile

Thanx for waiting - I slept in ... not sure if the new setup had much to do with anything, but last night was one of my BEST ALL TIME (ok, I'll say it just this once ...) GIGS.
The crowd was attentive, I was on my game, the owner was in a particularly great mood, my dinner was fantastic ... what a great night, and the best part - I got to play ALL my favorite Christmas tunes in my jazzy, swing styles. I LOVE this time of year for music.

Before I tell you about the system - there was a Casio rep dining with us last night and he was impressed. I mentioned a few things that I thought Casio should be aware of for their R&D dept, and he seemed grateful for an "in the trenches" opinion. Namely, the Privia series sounds great, but develops very loud mechanical key-strike noise after a while ... I told him of a fix I found on You Tube and he seemed interested. Let's see if they address it. It was a fast and easy fix with just a simple addition of a piece of cloth under the keybed.

OK - on to the matters at hand:
First - the HK does sound very nice. It's smooth and balanced, and the separate control of the woofer volume is a very important and useful feature. The tone control is not as effective as I'd like, but it IS a subtle kind of "loudness" contour. The overall reaction from the room was favorable, but I noticed more presence from my Bose compact. The Nano is lovely in the sweet spot, but the pole mounted drivers do not cover the room as well as the Bose. Nothing ever does, but in a small setting ... you can get a very nice sound that works as well as larger systems, but in a much more compact package.

There's plenty of bass response, and the stereo separation was nice, although as I've said before - the majority of the room does not get the same benefit as I do from the seat in the center. The owner even commented that in front of me was a better sound than in other parts of the room The Bose always had the same coverage no matter where you sit.
The s950 gave me plenty of style-inspired motivation to create my Christmas mood, and I found myself going back early from breaks because I couldn't wait to play. I had a really, fun night. I love the 2 audio swing styles. I used them alot.

I have a few larger parties this week and I'm going to bring both the Nano and the Bose. I'll set that sweet spot close to my keys and put the Bose in a position to compliment the rest of the room coverage. It may be overkill, but I'm anxious to see how they work together.

One small issue with the speaker poles - the one that goes right into the bass unit tends to rotate with vibration, so the angle of attack changes - I'll try to wrap tape or something on the bottom of the pole to make a tighter fit, but it's not good if the angle changes mid-show. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm sure I'll think of more to post, but I have a house full of decorating to finish and I need to get to that. Overall, I'd give the Nano a Solid B+ and as of right now, it ranks a close second to my Bose for overall coverage and sound. I need to give it more tests to see if my option changes, but like I've said before - it would have to be amazing to make me stray from the Bose coverage and vocal ease of monitoring. The sound is very pleasant, but it IS directional. In a small setting, in the right placement - It's a great system for most scenarios.

What a nice feeling tho have to choose between two very cool systems to use. I am blessed with great gear, and great friends and family. Merry Christmas to all, and peace to those who celebrate a holiday in their own way.