Originally Posted By: abacus
Korg Songbook Definition:

A Registration Pre-set library system that can store all settings on the instrument for instant recall

Observations:

Nothing new or special compared to what’s gone before, but more comprehensive than most other manufactures.

From the posts and manuals this is how I interpret it.

Bill

Now this, I agree with smile

I would only add ease of use and the ability to select any entry (1-9,999) via a simple MIDI CC string, that can be embedded into any midi file, or even attached to a PDF chart using Unrealbook on iPad so that the Songbook setup gets loaded the instant the chart is selected!

I did do a Youtube vid demonstrating this some time back....

These are things NOT found anywhere else with the ease of use of the Korg System. ROland do have a similar way but it is restricted to the 128 listings in a, is it a UPS???

I cannot remember the actual acronym, but yeah, all you can immediately access is 128 settings, then you have to load another set of 128 if you want to find another song...no problem if all you do is preset fixed playlists.

The advantage of the Korg system is you can dynamically change anything at any time to suit whatever is happening as you have immediate access to anyone of the 9,999 songbook listings...

For example on my system using Unrealbook (in which you can annotate charts) I simply mark the Korg Songbook number on the chart page, so that if I select the chart I can then press the Songbook button twice which brings up a number pad and I enter the number. The setup is then selected and loads in under a second!!!

This is the backup should I not have a preset midi attached to the chart, or if I forget the midi out kit for the iPad...

So yes Bill I agree with your summation, but I think it goes a bit deeper than JUST more comprehensive

Dennis