Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I'm the only one that touches or transports my gear, and it travels in my car, not a truck bed - I will always use padded bags. At the job, I fold all cases into the one KB case and it usually hides under a banquet table ... out of sight. Road cases defeat the whole purpose of light and portable. Unless truck or air travel is onvolved, I'll only use padded bags.

Much like you Dave, I am the only one who handles, and/or transports my gear, and it all fits in my Honda Accord...I use padded bags (high quality) as well, including one each for my Yamaha MS-60S powered speakers, which are over 20 years old and look and perform like the day they were bought.

If I was in a band or duo and using a gear truck, or my own keyboard was transported by air (for clinics Yamaha ensures there is already one set up at the location) I would definitely invest in high quality hard shell road cases, but, luckily I have never needed them in many years.

Ian