Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Another surprise I found was Yamaha's reply to Korgs dual song player. In the Korg, you can load either smf or MP3 in either player, but the Yamaha only lets you transition from one format to the other. This is because they have different players, I suppose. The fadar is slower, and digital, but it does give you the opportunity to cue up an SMF and an MP3 and fade from one into another. Nice surprise.

Hey, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery...in all seriousness, it is good to have competition, as we can see in this case.

Like you, I was not immensely blown away by the Audio drums (although, they are good I still think Ketron has the edge), and I was actually more impressed with the basic overall sound, which, for a price considerably less than a Tyros4, is pretty darn nice.

I am anxiously awaiting my demo model, and very curious to what Tyros4 styles I have edited/assembled to my liking (especially the ones with the auto rotary speaker speed change), will work in the S950...I see, from the Data List, that it has the required voices to make them work.

I am also glad to see that my favorite Tyros SA organ sounds, Whiter Bars and AllBarsOut, have made it on the S950.

Looking forward to more of your impressions, Dave.

Ian