Computers are more powerful than ever these days; capable of making millions of mistakes per second smile . But as fast and as smart as they are, they cannot even come close to matching the human brain (especially one like yours, Diki smile ). Arranger keyboards will NEVER, NEVER, EVER give you EXACTLY what you want musically, in every instance, under every conceivable musical circumstance. So if musical perfection is your criteria for an acceptable arranger, you're probably going to die a very frustrated person. I guess if we can decode DNA we could program a level of Artificial Intelligence that would overcome all the criticisms and perceived shortcomings of today's arrangers; but who wants to pay $50,000 for one? I say, take that money and spend it on music lessons and train that remarkable brain to do all the things you want your arranger to do. Why are we so hell bent to try to artificially re-create 'live play' when all we have to do is play live.

Despite proclamations to the contrary, I'll bet anything that a good pianist gets every bit as much satisfaction sitting down to his small Grand piano as does the arranger player, maybe even more, because somehow that Grand seems to know every chord voicing, substitution, transition, inversion, etc. that the player knows. In fact, it even knows some that haven't even been discovered yet.

There IS a perfect arranger for nearly every music genre'. For jazz, for instance, it's piano, upright bass, drums, guitar, trumpet, and sax........played by competent players. JMO.

Ok, back to my Organ, which incidently, also knows more chords than I do smile .

chas