But just exactly how much from that thread has made it to the 950?

I don't see any mention of a more capable Songbook. Or just about anything from that list.

It's all well and good to ask what users (or potential users) would like. But the cherry on the cake might be to actually GIVE THEM some of it!

But I honestly feel that audio drums can't be a 'minor' feature. Either they sound SO good they are going to show up the rest of the arranger's styles so badly you are going to be embarrassed to play them back to back, OR the feature is worthless. Either way is a losing scenario.

This technology either needs embracing in full, or leaving off and simply concentrate on giving us drum KITS that can be made to sound realistic and live. This is the option most other manufacturers have gone down. And, I must confess, it is by FAR the easiest and most flexible solution to a problem that Yamaha (by their inclusion of 'real drumming') are obviously aware of.

The sad thing is, on their WS line, Yamaha have some VERY punchy, live sounding drum kits, plus they also make fine live sounding electronic drum sets. So the SAMPLES are already recorded. Roland have long been leveraging their V-Drum library to add realism to their arranger drum kits. Why Yamaha are so tardy in recognizing the need and doing the same is a mystery.