Originally Posted By: sparky589
I've tested out a BK5 recently- how does the Prelude and GW-8 (which seems to be a Prelude without speakers) compare? I haven't put my hands on one- who has? What do you think? I know the gw8 is a "workstation" with more editing options, is there more or less (sound & style wise)? Are the speakers the same as those in the BK-5?

Sparky the sound engine on the BK series is better (E series engine)..the GW8 and Prelude uses the Juno/sonic cell engine..

We have both the Prelude and BK5..with the band, and overall the edge goes to the BK5...The speakers are about the same ..The BK is rated at 12 watts a side..and the Prelude is 11 watts a side...

Although the GW8 is labeled a workstation ..it isn't much different ..other than 4 knobs to control envelop.......

The media player is much more advanced with the BK5...although the Prelude was way better than previous model..

I had a GW7 and didn't like it that much...very entry level....The Prelude , I used for several years...and I do like it....but the improved media player and USB improvements, along with the better sound engine...found on the BK5..is a no brainer...

BTW: the best sounds on the Prelude are with version 2..You get extra sounds , many from the SRX collection..

Edited by Fran Carango (08/16/12 05:21 PM)