Originally Posted By: montunoman
Originally Posted By: Diki

I simply feel that, look at the pros... the REAL stars, that is. Where are their laptops? You ever see Sinatra with a crib sheet? How many tunes do you think HE knew?

I had always heard that Sinatra was using a telepromter in his later years. I heard a recent interview with Paul Mcartney in which he said that he struggles remembering lyrics to songs that HE wrote. According to this article Elton John, Mick Jagar, and Bruce Springstein use telepromters too.

Believe me, Sinatra used teleprompters, and NOT just in his later years ... I saw him live and had such great seats, I could read the 'prompters ... even his 'ad-libs' were pre - written ...

I've seen MANY shows on tv where you could see the teleprompters being used by some top artists ... saw Neil Diamond using them ... they may not absolutely NEED them, but they are there even if "just in case" ... the STAR doesn't want to make a 'faux pas' in front of the audience ... Just because they are stars doesn't mean they don't forget words ...