Fellow SZ Greeting Members!
I’m in the market for a new second keyboard and these are the two that are in my budget. I ruled out any Yamaha PSR because I already have a Tyros 2 and I’d like to get away from the Yamaha sound. I’m real picky about authenticity of Latin styles. I don’t need those watered down ballroom dance Latin styles- I need the real deal. Besides Latin I do a bit of everything else- Big Band Swing, Oldies Rock/R&B, C&W, and modern dance stuff.
I’m leaning towards the Roland because it seems to have some decent contemporary Latin styles already on board. I have the Korg Micro Arranger and I love the small footprint/ light weight factor and the Latin styles that Manuel Durantes produced are very good but the KMA has been a PITA for me to get used to (I’m talking about the OS) so I’m a bit concerned if I could deal with a Korg PA 500. I have no experience with the Roland OS so maybe it would be just as complicated for me. I feel quite comfortable with my Tyros 2 OS and I know a new PSR will be out soon but I feel Yamaha lacks authenticity in the Latin style area and I don’t foresee that changing frown

Any thoughts- BK5 or PA 500?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache