If you look at the Bose Compact design, it's not really a line array because of all the different angles the speakers are pointing to. Because of this you end up have sound bouncining everywhere which then leads to phase cancelation and weird frequency bumps and dips.

I took the compact and the Nano, set them up at the end of the room, the Bose with it's full set-up, and the compact with the sub with the 2 tops 1 on top of the other. and when playing pre-recorded music the Nano was a more realistic natural sound.

When I play a piano sound through it I once again liked the sound of the Nano over the Bose.

Yes Bose was the first for portable line array type of speaker, but it wasnt the last.

I'm pretty sure the Ford Model T was the first assembly line auto, but it definitely wasn't the last, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple of companies that are doing it better,

HK Audio is a professional audio company with drivers and amplifiers made for exactly that.

When I talked to HK they said they knew Bose was the leader in these lines, and design the HK Elements and the Nano against the L1 and the compact, since hearing both of them, I have replaced my L1 with the Elements and now doing the same with the Nano and the compact.

Hearing is believing, you should give a listen before making a decision on what you may think, rather than actually comparing them.