Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Donny,
I just realize why Gary refers to you as just a kid. Man in 1964 I had three babies in diapers.

lol Boo how old are you YIKES!!!! laugh
I'll be 60 next week ... frown

The kids today will never have the experiences we lived thru in playing music, lots of changes since we were kids and its nice to incorporate it ALL into what we do on stage now...we are the LAST generation that can claim this....
when we're gone it's all over and who knows what computer driven music will prevail....I'm glad I was around growing up in my times some old the old and some of the new makes a nice mix. Enjoy your life it goes very quick.

Donny ... you are SOOO right ... had a 'reunion' with two of the guys from the band two weeks ago in LBI, NJ ... we were talking about how fortunate we were to have had a band from 1958 to 1984, when we could play the "top 40" in 'our' style and people loved it and appreciated it ... we started out at the end of the 'big band' era, and finished - due to a company move that sent me to RI - at the beginning of the 'backing track'/synth'/DJ era ...
Unless you lived it as a musician, you can't appreciate the VALUE of what we had ...