You know how most of you guys hate Jazz! Well I love the "Righteous Bros, Jackie Wilson" and on and on.
But I want to know the answer to the following question. Please someone give me a number.

How many and what do you have to smoke to be as old as these guys look to sing so many different tunes for so many years and 99% of them are built on:
C, Am, F, G in a circle, or whatever key? Big deal, there are a couple of Fm's and D7's in a few of the bridge's of a few tunes.

If I would have done this for 30 years, or maybe just 29 years, even making 50 million dollars a year, it would not have done me any good, because I would have wound up in a straight jacket by now. I've come close a couple of times, but this monotony would have put the nail in the coffin for sure. Sorry not trying to be mean! I'm just stating a fact. For me, it's mind boggling!!!!!

The guy has a great voice, BUT? Come on singing do-wop and ahh's etc on the same four chords? How hard is that.

Well, I'll admit for tone deaf people it might seem like quite a feet, but for those tone deaf people even being able to hit a single note on the piano and singing it back would be a miracle.

Edited by brickboo (07/14/12 09:36 AM)