Originally Posted By: abacus
Hi Ian

If you like the Jupter 8 you might like this for your computer

Bill

Arturia make great VST's...I believe they also made a Prophet 5 emulator that was pretty cool.

The thing with the Jupiter 8 is the whole tactile experience playing it...it's like a Hammond B-3, or an acoustic piano...there's just this magical connection between the keybed (not even velocity sensitive, mind you) and the sound, also between the sliders and how the sound responds...it's almost like an "acoustic" instrument in the way it feels and plays, and that's probably why they are in big demand on the second hand market, bringing in some ridiculously high prices, although, some people just have to have the real thing at almost any cost.

I nearly sold it a while ago, but my studio buddy took it, gave me the money I needed at the time, kept it in the studio, and eventually sold it back to me for the same amount.

Arturia certainly have nailed the overall sound pretty close, but, it's not going to have the same feeling as playing the real deal, with it's quirks and limitations...that's half the fun. wink

Ian