That is utterly ridiculous, Larry. You can't share your car AT THE SAME TIME YOU USE IT YOURSELF

Just plain dumb.... right!

ALL software manufacturers DO request that you don't share their work. In fact, they DEMAND it. And legally, they have every right to do so. Look for a EULA or a copyright agreement as part of the purchase paperwork.

Now, some of them DO allow you to sell or give away the software, but ONLY if you are no longer using it yourself. EXACTLY like a car, if you think about it. You can't sell it to your son, have him move across the country, and still use it yourself! But mysteriously, you seem to think this is OK for software?

I am sorry, but I honestly feel that only people desperate for some form of self-justification for an act they KNOW in their heart of hearts is just plain wrong can come up with this kind of baloney. Even the most casual of examinations reveal the illogicality of their position. A piece of software is NOT a car. You did NOT get the right to buy it, use it and give it away to your hundred thousand closest friends. You didn't even get the right to keep it for yourself and give it away to even ONE of your friends.

If you had ANY respect for the musician that made it (yes... MUSICIANS create styles!), you would tell your friends what a great style it is, and direct them to BUY it from the guy that made it. And then, MAYBE... he'll make another one that you really like.

Because he sure ain't if you give it away because you like it so much, you just GOTTA share it!

I'm sorry, but this just burns my a$$. I only hope that you work in a profession where someone can rip you off, give YOUR work away for free, and then come up with a glib justification for doing it. That is, as long as you don't seem to mind doing it to others.

computer