Originally Posted By: tom moon
Montunoman is right on -- the Latin/Brazil styles are key, and they're one reason Yamaha lost a sale recently. I needed an arranger for a quick turnaround project w/ several bossa nova cues. I tested the current 910 and also S650 and A2000. found them all a bit lacking.

I liked the "idea" of the flash memory expansion options BUT I couldn't believe how poorly supported this feature is: I wanted to make sure the Brazil expansion would work in A2000, and made 4 different inquiries (via web & phone support) and am still waiting for an answer. if these packs are indeed the future for Yamaha, it is essential that questions of compatibility are resolved -- and made clear on web, etc. -- before the products are sold.

just my two centavos

Hi Tom- did you end up getting an arranger for your Bossa Nova project? Actually I think the Yamaha Bossa Novas are pretty good (at least for a smooth type bossa) As much as I love Ketron Latin styles, I kind of like the Yamaha Bossa Novas better. I haven't heard the Yamaha Brazilian Expansions- I hope it good and they make more expansions for other Latin styles too- Modern Bachata,Reggaeton, Merengue,Cumbia, Salsa, Cumbia...

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache