Originally Posted By: montunoman
Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic
I don't think I've ever seen any of the karaoke type entertainers (singing to tracks) who could really sing. And it just seems SO lame to me.

I agree 100%. But I honestly believe “most people” don’t care, can’t tell the difference, and probably would prefer a karaoke entertainer over a keyboardist/vocalist. Look at the way these karaoke entertainers can work the room. That’s a little harder to do when you’re behind a keyboard.

Sorry Donny for being off topic- I do have some comments regarding NH. More to come…

I can only speak to what's going on in SW Ohio. In the last 2-3 years, several karaoke style singers have been basically dropped because the format isn't very popular. The comments all seem to involve the musical ability of the performers. Some were really good singers, but there's a lot of pretty good singers around here...so, in the mind of many AD's, why pay someone to sing over backing tracks when you hire someone different who actually plays an instrument AND sings wells. This population is used to seeing people actually play instruments...