I haven't posted for a while. ive been laying low but still lurking and reading most of the threads here on SZ.

I recently parted with My Tyros 4 - I had it only 3 months and decided to move it. why did I do it? it cost me $5,000.00 AUD and I figured I could be getting alot more for less. The fact that in a years time it would only prob be worth half the price in re sale value scared me as well..

so what do I have now?
I found a mint condition used PA 800 for $1800.00 and just purchased a MOX 6 directly from the US for $1000.00!

Total of only $2800 for an awesome arranger and Synth!

cant wait to get the MOX 6 into the dual keyboard stand above the PA 800. this has got to be close to the best of both worlds smile

The Tyros 4 was good and it has some great solo instruments but at the end of the day it still didnt make the cut. to me - yes its an improvement over the prevuious Tyros boards and the PSR S910 I used to own but it still is not as crisp and clean sounding as Korg (to my ears)... the PA 800 has such a good live sound I couldn't justify the extra $3200.00 for the Tyros 4!!

I am not trying to start a war of T4 against PA 800 because tehre are many good features on the T4 that aren't on the PA 800 - I just didn't need or use them.

I still need alot of the punchy fat warm synth sounds of the Motif which the T4 did have (to an extent) so the MOX seems to be a great fit in this scenario! and I can use the PA 800 to trigger them off through OTS as well via Midi smile

Its a great setup that should do wonders for me!

ill have to post a photo and some video demos of the new rig when the MOX arrives next week!

stay Tuned!

Nick