Quote:

I just finished the 8 drawbars. but when you change values while the sound is playing you can hear a small clik

Hammond did not introduce the so-called "silent" drawbar until the mid-50s. If you ever owned a B2 or early B3, that click is there also. I think I could live with that. Besides, there is nothing we can do about that, as it is likely hard coded into the way the SD2 works.

Quote:
the rotor effect can be access only by sysex
I am trying to send it. Slow/fast/off

Here is a copy and paste of the info I received directly from engineers at Ketron Italy about the use of rotor effect and drawbars that may be of assistance to you (forgive the translation errors, the fellow did a pretty good job considering, I think)

Quote:

…..In order to select ROTOR ( or Leslie ) you have to use firstly this EXCLUSIVE strings
TYPE EFFECTS CHANNEL ASSIGN
F0H 26H 7BH 0BH 00H Chan Type F7H ------------- F0 26 7B 0B 00 02 01 F7 then send CC30 at 0, 64 or 127
Chan: 00H - 1FH Type: 0 = no effects 3 = Chorus
1 = Leslie 4 = Delay
3) 2 = Distorsor
……on CHAN you have to select which track you would use than on TYPE select 1 (Leslie )
Don’t forget ….Leslie or Rotor work instead of Chorus ( or Distortion or Delay as showed on page 44 )

You've apparently already got the drawbars figured out, but I'll include what he sent me anyway, might make for a good crosscheck for you or the like:

Quote:

DRAWBARS SELECTION
Controller 0 Value 67 Bank MSB Program Change 0
Drawbar Controller: 20 = 16’ Value: 0-127 24 = 2 2/3 Value: 0-127 28 = percussion 4’ Value: 0-127
21 = 8’ Value: 0-127 25 = 2’ Value: 0-127 29 = percussion 2’ 2/3 Value: 0-127
22 = 5 1/3’ Value: 0-127 26 = 1’ 3/5 Value: 0-127
23 = 4’ Value: 0-127 27 = 1’ Value: 0-127
I.E ( in order to send a drawbars data 16’- 8’- 4’)
Controller 0 value 67 Controller 20 value 127 (16’) Controller 23 value 127 (4’)
Program change 0 Controller 21 value 127 (8’)
..no needs an hexadecimal value ..but simple Controllers

Quote:
what about the 2 types of percussion. What do u think is the best? 1 knob for the volume and a switch for 4 - 2 2/3?

I think slider is easier to use while playing than a mouse-controlled knob, but either would work. The original B3 Perc has only Soft and Normal toggle. The Trek II add-on percussion kit on my B2 has a volume slider instead. I like that feature.

The Hammond B3 has a rocker switch that selects between the two Percussion types, 4 or 2-2/3 --on the real B3 they are labeled as Third or Second, referring to the Harmonic. You could label your virtual switch the same, I should think.

The B also has a Decay switch, which changes the time the percussive note sounds. I don't think we have that on the Ketron.

HTH,

And you've got mail from jinglesmith. Me.

--Mac

[This message has been edited by --Mac (edited 01-05-2009).]

[This message has been edited by --Mac (edited 01-05-2009).]
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis