Well, at least it seems that way. I still have a pair of PSR-3000s, and both still look and work as well as the day they came out of the box.

A couple weeks ago, Joe Waters provided an offer on the PSR-Tutorial site that I couldn't refuse--more than 50,000 third-party styles on a keyboard-compatible USB thumb drive. So, from my perspective it's just like getting a new keyboard for the $100 Joe charged for the completely loaded USB thumb drive. Just plugged it into the keyboard, pressed the User Style button, tabbed to USB and for the past four hours I've been playing some really neat songs that I previously didn't have suitable styles for.

In a sense, most new keyboards merely offer lots of new styles, voices, and a few extra goodies. The cost varies for the top of the line boards, but getting one under a couple grand would be considered a steal at best. The USB that Joe offers is the best of both worlds--lots of styles, some neat voices, and everything can be used on your existing Yamaha keyboard. Damned I love this new technology stuff. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)