Hi Scott and Bernie,

Never having owned a Tyros in my life, what's more this PSR3000 I purchased recently is virtually my first Yamaha experience, you may have to resort to the true Tyros connaisseur but I can tell you this much....

First about the software on offer. Not because of the pecunias but it is true what Bernie says, why not build on the strenght ( in this case the sounds, registrations, styles etc) of someone who has in depth experience and take it from there. I have come across few keyboards that sound mindblowing straight out of the box, certainly none of KOrgs.

About hooking up the Micro, well of course the same applies to the Audya and the Technics, though the latter's midi may be dated.
But to take the Audya or the Tyros or the PSR:
Hooking up the AUDIO should be a piece of cake, simply going from line out on the Micro to your main keyboard.
MIDI wise (Tyros midi out, Micro midi in) you simply connect the uppers
(if necessary ) thru channels 1 and 2. You connect the lower on channel 3). Then to play the accompaniment of the Micro on the Tyros you have to connect yet another channel but here I am slightly out of my debt not owing a Tyros or Audya. Anyway it must and can be done quite easily which gives you the result that by say playing a C chord on your main keyboard you can play either keyboard DEPENDING ON WHICH START/STOP BUTTON you have activated. So Scott this means you can actually change from playing a style on the KOrg to a style on the Tyros in almost a split second !! ( ....or to make matters worse.........you could be playing two keyboards simultaneously..........out of sync....)

There is still much more to be said but I won't try and confuse matters more than necessary. All I am saying is DO play your micro along the keys of your main keyboard. Once you have familiarized yourself enough with it, dis-activate the midi link for the uppers but keep the midi link to the accompaniment section. Wich , I repeat myself, will give you two full acc. keyboards on the lower half of your main keyboard and a total of five uppers on your righthand side, three on the main keyboard and two on the Korg..........................................

JOhn