This may be buried in an old note somewhere - but is there a way to contact Yamaha directly (or almost directly)? Or someone to contact who has direct ties to Yamaha? I know there are probably many "wish lists" for Yamaha's next Arranger keyboard, and lots of good ideas floating around.

What I want to request is kind of simple: when a new 'board comes out, since "memory is cheap" these days, make sure it has ALL/EVERY voice, styles, etc. from previous model. That way, when one upgrades to a new keyboard, they can just copy their Registrations over and have them work. Then they could tweak them to take advantage of new voices and styles - but it would be nice if they worked immediately. I'd think that if the Tyros4 had everything the 3 had, and the Tyros 5 has everything the 4 had (etc.), we could do this.

I have invested probably over a hundred hours setting up my Tyros3 (mostly Registrations for many hundreds of songs) and I hate to think of having to re-do many hundreds of registrations, or even to have to check them all before using at gigs, should I decide to buy whatever Yamaha has coming out next. I may want the new sounds, features, drums, etc. of a new model, but it's gonna be hard to know that I have to re-spend hundreds of hours of time to make it ready to use again?!

Just make each new board "everything in the previous one" plus all the new stuff. Sure it takes more and more memory with each model, but memory is (relatively) cheap and always getting cheaper.

What are other people's thoughts on this topic?
Jim